Monday, March 18, 2013

Pictures

I'm too tired to say a whole lot. Jet lag, lack of sleep last night thanks to Mya taking up 90% of our bed, and the emotional drain of this process have all taken their toll. I'm sure most of you would rather see pictures than hear what's going on anyway! Here is a progression of pictures with the first couple from when we first met her, the next few back in our room yesterday afternoon, the next few from last night and the rest from this afternoon. You can tell that she is getting more and more comfortable, but there are still times when she cries for no apparent reason so we know she's still confused and likely scared. That said, she does a lot of smiling, laughing, playing, and trying to communicate. As I type this, Mya is laying on Shannon sound asleep....something I was never allowed to do with the boys because we didn't want to spoil them....

























6 comments:

  1. Hang in there guys! Big hugs your way:):)xxxooo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa! What sweet pictures! My last prayers before falling asleep were for your transition and sweet Mya was my first image this morning. Thanks so much for sharing your story and your pictures. Just so you know, You can't share too many pictures or write enough! :) I'm a little bit addicted. Praying for your big boys back in Ohio and Cheering you on from Virginia! Much much love from the Ramseys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome, awesome photos! So sweet. Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This made my day. What a journey!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love them...especially the last one, a beautiful picture of their relationship already forming...priceless!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dave and Shannon I am so happy for you. And very excited to meet my new niece mya! Dad showed me the video you emailed him and I cried tears of joy. Looking forward to your return. Miss you and will continue to pray for you all.

    Love,
    The Brandau's

    ReplyDelete