Thursday, March 28, 2013

One more day in Guangzhou!

The consulate appointment was a success this morning! In fact, it was so easy, we were able to make it back to the hotel before the breakfast buffet closes at 10:00. That's important because that's the meal highlight of the day. Assuming everything goes as planned, we should get Mya's visa at 4:15 tomorrow! It's been a pretty rainy day, so we just played in the room with Mya until she took a nap around 1:00. I was getting pretty stir crazy so I ventured out to try to find some souvenirs for the boys. After wandering around the city for an hour or so, I found my way to a local soccer stadium. The hard part was finding my way back! It's amazing how many McDonald's, Pizza Huts, KFCs an Starbucks you pass over a mile or two in this city! I was trying to use them as landmarks, but gave up on that after passing my fourth or fifth of each. I know we also think we have a lot of cell phone stores in the US, but I walked down one street where there were literally 17 of them in a row! I guess that's the benefit of being a business owner when there are 17 million potential customers in your city.

We're headed to dinner with a couple from Columbus, Indiana tonight that we've gotten to know over the week. Back to the Italian place...should be a good time. We've downloaded a couple of episodes of Survivor, so we plan to catch up on those tonight after Mya is asleep. As you can guess, we're running out of things to do to keep entertained. If the weather clears up, we're planning to go to the "Central Park" of Guangzhou tomorrow morning with a couple of other families as we try to kill the last 24 hours here before we get on a flight to Beijing Saturday morning (your Friday night).

Here are a few pictures from the dinner cruise last night and the hotel yesterday and today:





















1 comment:

  1. Dave,
    Thanks so much for writing and filling us in! I can't tell you how much I appreciate knowing the ups and downs of your experience in China! Mya is so beautiful and every time you post, I can tell she's falling more and more in love with you and Shan! We are praying for a safe trip home! Will you please post pictures of your family of four when you get back to Cincinnati. I am dying to see pictures of those three handsome Wik boys holding their baby sister. Give Shannon a big hug from me. Love to all 3 of you!

    ReplyDelete